January 19, 2012

The Story of Me, Us & Now...


This post was written last year before TheClimate Project Asia Pacific Summit January 2011 as a
Pre-Summit Assignment by Arifah Handayani on Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 11:05am









(What are the experiences and values that call you to take leadership in tackling the climate crisis?)

My Stories...

“There are no extra pieces in the universe. Everyone is here because he or she has a place to fill, and every piece must fit itself into the big jigsaw puzzle.”
~Deepak Chopra

For almost 10 years of my marriage, I was a full time mom at home for my 4 children. But then something was changed in my life. Something inside me was turning on. Like Anthony Robbins ever wrote “Awakening The Giant Within“, On March 2009 The giant in me was arose.

It was started when I was able to set my dream again. At that time I realized if I could dream about anything, I certainly must have dream about making the world a better place for my children and their children live on. Like MJ one sing in his song…

“If You wanna make the world a better place,
Take look at yourself and make that change..” (Man in the Mirror)

I have set my new dreams and reach my goals now… And those dream and goals really about to change my life…

I do believe, the change will move faster through me. So, I must have thought of something I could do from home to make the change with my own hand. I know for sure there should be something. Then I thought about what do I have in me to share with the closest world around me…

I love writing and know for sure, I have stories to tell. Mostly about rising my children in the past 10 years of my life. I have put all of myself in that ground. My time, my energy, my thoughts and my dreams, I gave them all to my job as a Full Time Mother…

So I wrote my stories and always published them in my facebook wall.That was how I found out many people love my stories and the way I wrote them. From writing my experience, I generate my community. On May 2010 some of my stories was published in a book…

I wrote once, that by giving our children the best home-base education, we are creating a better future. Talking about the climate change is one of our issue in my home-base education. I watch Mr Al Gore’s film, Inconvenient Truth with My 3 Pre-schoolers, and discus the film too. They understand why we must do something to stop the global warming and how the climate change can affect our life…

I was graduated from IPB, my major was Marine Science. My final assignment was about how climate/weather change could influence the marine exploration. I think, talking about climate change to my kids is not too far from my experience and knowledge…

With The Community I generate and knowledge about the climate change, I have a plan to awaken the awareness of all the parents and teachers in my community about the fact, that we must do something about the climate change. And, we can start it by doing something from home…

(Express the values of the communities in which we participate (family, faith, and nation) and of emergent communities we are forming ...) How do you describe the group of people who have joined you? Why are they called to take leadership in the climate crisis?

Smart Parenting with Love Community  https://www.facebook.com/bundaarifah.handayani was generated on July 2009, because of my stories that I shared with the members. Now our Fan Page in facebook has over 27,000 fans. In March 2010 We made a public event, A talk show about home-base education to prepare our children before they enter a formal school. And on June 2010 some articles published as a book call Smart Parenting with Love.

Our community consist of parents and teachers who concern about giving the best process in rising and educating their children/students. We talk about a lot of things we must aware to learn as parents and teachers. And climate change is one of the important fact we all must aware to learn. So, we can prepare our children and students to be ready for becoming agents of change when the time come…

The universe has calling. Do we have the good intention to meet the call…??

I think Smart Parenting with Love Community must prepare to be ready, We will do something to meet the universal call… We are a bunch of positive people on the move. We are on the way in making the world a better place. Surely We are ready to make a difference…

I was so glad having the chance to join the summit, looking forward to learn more from The Climate Reality Project and Mr Al Gore Himself…

Sincerely,
Arifah Handayani

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wings of The Pheonix

The stars knew how long I've been wandering to find the heart that beats in tandem with mine.. The sun noticed how far I'd like to t...